Sunday, February 12, 2017

Very busy with Limited Editions

One of my followers sent me an email and asked for an update on what I was currently doing......I smiled......floss of course! I keep very busy doing all of these new colors for the Limited Editions. 12 new colors on the 1st of each month for Limited Editions, 12 Ultimate Collection colors and on the 15th there are 12 new colors each month for the Primitive Limited editions. It seems like the dye pot is never resting these days. I have been carding these while I dye larger amounts to send to the guild members to card for me.
It might be sunny enough today for me to take a few pictures of some of the Limited Editions I have been sending out.....I will show those to you soon. And if you have joined the clubs and you would like more of a color be sure to reorder right away as these are very limited. I didn't want a lot of these to have to store as I am limited on space.

As I have mentioned before, my son makes the frames I use for my mottoes. We thought it was time to invest in all new equipment for the shop. We have wanted the new table saw that actually stops before it can cut your fingers! The blade quickly drops down into the table when it senses heat from a body part. When I first saw this demonstration of this saw I was amazed....and I knew that was what we needed. Years ago my husband and I were working with the table saw and he turned the saw off and reached for the door we were leveling on the bottom and he put his hand into the blade that had not stopped yet. A trip to the hospital and surgery to repair the severed tendon. I never wanted that to happen again. So this new saw is a miracle design to say the least.
 Then we needed a new scroll saw....routers, work tables to fit the new machines and lots of other goodies. The woodworkers show that was in town this weekend got quite a few sales from us. We also bought the jig to do the new boxes I want him to make with dovetail corners. First we have to catch up on frames but we do have a lot planned for later this year. I have a lot of walnut wood I want to put to good use.

I am still buying bolts of fabric.....can't help myself when I see beautiful fabrics. Of course I always want the ones that are discontinued and have to hunt them down. I must like the challenge! I did buy a lot of Lecien Antique Rose fabrics to make the fabric covered boxes that will be made from chipboard. I am thinking of closing the ebay store for a week to take a break and play with fabrics. That is about the only way I can truly take some time off and enjoy what I am doing. I want to make a collection of different box styles as I have no luck finding antique boxes in good shape with a pattern that I like. These Victorian rose prints are so beautiful....I will show them to you when I am finished....or maybe as I am working on them. I have a couple more weeks of dyeing floss to get a few months ahead on shipments and then I can play with fabrics....and a little ribbon embroidery....and a little stitching.....

Not much winter weather this year and almost no snow. It is very disappointing as I love the cold and miss all the snow we had in northeast Ohio.....I go so homesick for that area where I grew up. One of these days I will take a drive and go visit again and stroll through my memories as I go through each little town. Thank
goodness we have our memories.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!
Nancy

10 comments:

  1. I love this month's threads, and the little extras are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are enjoying the new colors.....I always love to see what comes out of the dye pot!

      Delete
  2. Nancy, it sounds like you are keeping the dye pots at full throttle. How fun to get new woodworking equipment. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin. I am actually going to learn to use all the woodworking equipment as I love to work with wood. Until now I have only used a few saws over the years. I find the dovetailing interesting. It will be a learning experience for sure...now I just need to find all the hours to do it! lol

      Delete
  3. Well, I guess you will be staying out of trouble - no time to get into it! The clubs were an inspired idea. I know some people need the same color over and over, but I'm so eclectic, I just like huge numbers of choices, and the club gives me that! Thanks for thinking of it and being willing to do the work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You work so hard to make all of these beautiful items. Hope you will find time to play with all your new woodworking equipment. Too bad there isn't enough time in a day..and that passes way to quickly. Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose covered boxes sound gorgeous Nancy! That new equipment sounds very necessary. Have a great day. Best wishes from sunny Spain - we are on our hols!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the set of Limited Editions I received this month for my club set. And the wonderful extras..buttons, charm and beautiful red floss..oh my goodness, you just spoil us so much! Love them all, hard to choose a favorite.

    Looking forward to seeing the boxes, they sound wonderful.

    Hope you do take a bit of time out just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love the beautiful floss that was in this month's limited edition set and the little buttons and extra floss were a much appreciated surprise!! Many thanks and Happy Valentine's Day to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, I had no idea you were from NE Ohio, I am as well but now living in I the South. I too missed not getting even a dusting of snow this year lol I'm glad you guys invested in a new tank level saw, safety is always key. Have a wonderful valentines day.

    ReplyDelete