Saturday, November 14, 2015

My ALL TIME favorite blue fabric for sewing necessaires

I decorate my house with a lot of red....antique red and cream.....I love red. And I also love an antique-looking dark blue. Like Flow Blue china......I absolutely love that china. So when I saw this fabric a couple years ago I bought it by the bolt. If I like a fabric...give me the whole bolt.

I dyed a cluny lace trim dark navy....used dark navy grosgrain ribbon for the tie.....pulled out some vintage cluny lace in cream and ecru.....dyed some dark navy, hand dyed some blue buttons and a dark blue floss and I had a box of vintage cream color buttons so I will use some of those. I added a few charms...scissors, sewing machine and made for you. Wool felt needle pages with my signature large flower head pin and my own little wool felt button/charm bag. Perfect!



Next.....I took the Moda fabric that reminded me of the Williamsburg sampler fabric ( I wish they had not discontinued that fabric as everyone asks me if I still make those) and I made a few out of the light blue and cream and the darker blue on blue fabric. I need to check to see how many I can make with the fabric I have. Of course they discontinued this one too!
I dyed buttons and my Ocean Waves floss went perfect with both fabrics...vintage trims and some hand dyed cluny ric rac...charms, buttons, etc.





Little bundles of sewing treasures is what one customer said after she received her order. Made me smile.
I will be listing these later today in my ebay store and they are also available direct from me. I always get emails after I post items so I figure I might as well give you the details up front. They are $25.95 plus postage.
I will give one of these away during the 12 Days of Christmas so be sure to stay tuned.
I announce a different give-away each day from December 1st through the 12th. Sign up for as many as you like or all of them. Then I announce the winners on the 13th through Christmas day. Lots of posts....lots of work....lots of gifts...and lots of fun!!

Thanks for stopping by.....I better get back to work!
Nancy

16 comments:

  1. Nancy, your blue necessaires are gorgeous. Hmm, I need to see if I have some of that Ocean Waves thread. Enjoy your Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I'm like you and love red but these blues are amazing! The Ocean Waves thread is so rich that I think I 'm going to need some of it. Rina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! I love both the red and the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the third is my favourite. Irresistible. Fiore

    ReplyDelete
  5. secondo me il blu è il più bello :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a nice kit. Everything you need already to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful things Nancy! I'm another red fan but seriously tempted by the blues in this necessaire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so beautiful! Love these little bundles :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great - I understand you fell in love with the fabric, it's a lovely shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete