Monday, November 9, 2015

A new floss line for 2016!

I wanted to take a few minutes to tell you about my new floss line for 2016. I have always done limited editions. So when a color sells out, I don't dye that color again. The exceptions are the colors I use in the motto kits. Over the years I have turned down  opportunities to sell my floss because I only wanted to do limited editions. Well the time has come. I have had dozens of people ask me to do colors that I will keep in stock and I will do a whole line of colors in 2016. I will start with 130 colors. Believe me....that is a lot of colors to start with. I just placed my order with my DMC rep and the first part of the order will ship next week and the rest has to come from France. Then it will be a dyeing marathon followed by a floss carding marathon. I probably will wait until all the floss is done before I introduce the new colors.

Now....for pricing. I have been selling my 20 yard skeins for $2 for over 8 years to bring you a great value. DMC had 3 price increases during that time and I didn't raise my prices. This time their price increase has forced me to charge $2.50 for my 20 yard skeins. Considering most of the other over dyed companies charge $2.50 for  5 yards, I think my floss is still a very good value.

All of my current inventory will remain $2 until it sells out. I have a lot in this inventory and it is currently on sale for $1.70 per skein if you buy in my ebay store or direct from me. This sale ends on the 15th of this month so if you want to stock up I recommend you do it now and tell your friends the sale will be ending soon.

I want to say that I have turned down many offers over the years to have stores carry my floss. To do that it would have raised the price and the whole purpose of me selling my floss was to save stitchers money. Plain and simple. So I sell my floss wholesale price to all of you.

Thank you for taking the time to read through this. I am excited about this new floss line.......I get to play with dye and experiment with colors! Some of my favorite things to do.
I will keep you posted as to when the new colors will be available. I will offer a large selection.....soft sampler colors, primitive muted tones and a beautiful assortment for all of your stitching projects.

It sounds like the end of this year and the beginning of next year are going to be very busy around here....but that's nothing new!
                                                   Nancy.

54 comments:

  1. Cant wait to see your new colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Nancy. How very exciting. I think you and your grandsons will be very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you the best during this endeavor, Nancy.It sounds like great fun is going to be had by all! Christina in Miami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I am looking forward to this new line.

      Delete
  4. Wow, Nancy! So very happy for you and know your new color line in 2016 will be most successful I, for one, am looking forward to seeing (and buying) your new floss colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the words of encouragement dear friend!

      Delete
  5. YEY!!!!!!!!! Thanks you Nancy for doing this! I am so excited that your floss will be available like this! I'm looking forward to seeing your new color line! This past Sunday, I experimented with dyeing fabric for the first time and it was so much fun! I know you'll have a blast with your new floss line! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Pam. I was swamped with requests last year so I figured it was time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What exciting news for us, thought exciting and exhausting for you! I'm really looking forward to seeing your new hues! Best wishes for this new endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is exciting! Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely and exciting , yes good luck with your new colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do such gorgeous colours, these new ones should be something extra special. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting! Best of luck with your new challenge. I know many stitchers love your flosses as do I, so I'm sure this will be a huge success.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much. I am really looking forward to this venture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cannot wait. I love your floss. Great colors and such good coverage. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary....always glad to hear you like my floss.

      Delete
  14. So excited to see your new colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol....I am really anxious to get started on these.

      Delete
  15. This sounds realy great. But please do think also about yourself, take a rest at some point. I know you are always very busy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds awesome. I look forward to all the beautiful new colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! It sounds like a big endeavor but I am certain it will be marvelous for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! It sounds like a big endeavor but I am certain it will be marvelous for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I should have done this years ago when the requests first started coming in.

      Delete
  19. You need a dye party with friends to make it go quickly! I can't imagine how much work it's going to take to get that done soon. Looking forward to seeing the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A dye party!!! Wish I had thought of that one years ago!

      Delete
  20. Oh, this is exciting! And I do believe your prices are still great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I try to offer a quality product at an affordable price.

      Delete
  21. Such wonderful news for everyone. Your floss is incredibly cheap by English standards. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Nancy, I don't know if I am more excited for you or for me (us stitchers). I can't wait to see what you come up with. I just know that it will be truly fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have a very exciting time coming Nancy, lots of succes

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on doing the new line! Remember I am always available as a floss carder if you need one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. I think I have another embroidery guild interested and they have 40-60 gals who are interested so lets hope it works out. That beats the high postal costs of sending the boxes.

      Delete
  25. Wow! Congratulations on your new venture! I am definitely looking forward to your new colors!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! Congratulations on your new venture! I am definitely looking forward to your new colors!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on the next chapter of your business. Hopefully you will have help with packaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I hope I have help too. I don't mind 16 hour days....but it gets old after a while.

      Delete
  28. I love your floss! I'm so excited you are going to have "line" of colors!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your floss! I'm so excited you are going to have "line" of colors!! :)

    ReplyDelete