Saturday, May 7, 2016

The new, Ultimate Floss Collection

Over the next few days I will be listing the first 65 colors in my new Ultimate Floss Collection. It has been a challenge to work on this collection and keep up with orders over the past few months. Overwhelming is more like it....but I will start listing the new colors. I am very pleased with them and my friends gave me rave reviews when they were here. The shading is nice and not too drastic. A classic look. I am not into wild and crazy colors. I also have the first 12 colors for one of my new Kansas Wildflowers Collection. I will be listing that soon as a boxed set but they will also be available as singles.

The new colors are $2.45 each. As I previously explained, I have had more than 5 increases in the wholesale price of the floss over they years and this is my first price increase.

Here are a couple group photos of the new colors. For these colors I have listed a DMC Conversion on each label. This will be the closest color/colors I can match it to. In some cases there were two colors and I listed both. You could use it for either one but it will have a lighter or darker color in it.

When I have all 130 singles listed I will then divide the collection into 4 groups and list those groups as bagged sets. That way someone could purchase each group until they have the whole collection if they didn't want to buy singles. I will also list the entire 130 skein collection in a listing. I just figured it would be easier on the wallet to buy in 4ths.

Dyeing those colors was a lot of work but also a lot of fun. I tried very hard to have more variations within each skein than a lot of my previous colors. A few are tone on tone but not many. I think those of you who have been waiting for new colors will not be disappointed.

My Kansas friends helped me with a few of the names....especially the wildflowers we were researching for Kansas. Yellow Stargrass, Prairie Clover, Blue Sage, Meadow Flax, Western Wallflower, etc. The only problem that I ran into was too many wildflowers for one set. I will divide them and do two boxed sets. And speaking of boxed sets....I have a huge project this summer. I want to take all the half cones I have and make 20 different boxed sets of Limited Editions. You know me....love those limited editions. I will start dyeing the floss after all these colors are listed on ebay. I should be done dyeing all the floss by the end of June and then can start listing new boxed sets. I already have some cute names picked out for the boxes.

So back to work. I am still moving slow and have a thumb that will not work very well. Try carding floss, carving or sewing without one thumb and you will see why I have been so slow. And I feel sorry for anyone with arthritis because it sure makes work difficult.
So be patient with me with all these new colors.

I will list the floss on the side bar at the right and in my ebay store. You can always buy direct from me too.

Thanks for stopping by....thanks for listening. Have a great weekend. A super holiday is coming up tomorrow....but that's my next post!
Nancy

16 comments:

  1. Your new Ultimate Floss Collection looks gorgeous Nancy!
    And you hand wrote all those DMC numbers too! You are amazing paying attention to details. Hope your hand heals soon.
    Beautiful flosses! love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Cannot wait! Sure hope your thumb gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your thumb is better soon. The new colors are lovely. Looking forward to them and the new wildflower collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better soon. Your new thread colours look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for your new floss! Never too much "stash" floss. The colors look great and love how they stitch up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am excited to see the Kansas Wildflowers! and the other colors too!
    I hope your thumb recovers quickly. It is a handycap when one digit is painful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the get well thumb wishes! I am afraid it is the Rheumatoid Arthritis and the joint is just worn out. I need to buy a new thumb!

    And the boxed Kansas Wildflowers will be shown Monday when I list them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful new colors! I look forward to seeing the boxed sets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous colors you have created, Nancy! I am looking forward to floss shopping. Take care of that thumb of yours! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new colours look gogeous Nancy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, you have done it again. Having seen these in person, I have to say this is going to be the most gorgeous set of overdyed floss. Some are very subtle while others have more variations. The Kansas Wild Flowers sets are wonderful. Such fun naming a few!!! Now, I need to find room for the Ultimate Floss Collection..you know I must have it!!! And what a bargain price...20 yds for $2.45....nowhere else does that happen. Just wait till you see them in person...so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful Nancy! You do great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your arthritis dies down soon. I know it gets worse or better with weather and other issues, so I hope you have what you need to feel better. Your colors are so beautiful - the bright yellow in that first pic of the skeins just leaped into my heart. I look forward to seeing all that you are making.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beautiful Nancy! I can't wait to get my hands on some!! I think I will try to buy the whole set, 1/4 at a time! :D Hope your thumb is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Remember you can buy direct from me and get 10% off. I love to help when I can.

    ReplyDelete