Friday, May 10, 2013

New floss colors for the 1795 Collection

I have just wrapped up a very busy 2 months stitching mottoes and making hand carved frames for each. To say that it took up most of my time is an understatement. It takes 12 hours on average to stitch a motto and I was doing 3 a week and then the frames. It truly doesn't leave much time for other projects let alone stitching for me.

We have had a tremendous amount of rain like a lot of you here in the states. It was hard to get a sunny day to do photos but I managed to get some taken this morning before the clouds returned. I have dyed another 15 colors for the 1795 Collection. I did a lot of blue shades since I have had many requests for these. From Powder Blue to Aged Pewter to Blue Green which is one of my favorites. The Berry Wine, Peach/Pink, Faded Green Leaves and Aged Coral.


I have also been dyeing the linen for the faded roses kits I am working on....and dyed the floss, trims, floss rings, buttons, lace....
Then I bought lots of bells in assorted shapes and sizes.....and antiqued them for some Christmas kits I am working on....not too rusty as I don't like rusty items on my linen! We were always taught to take out a straight pin so it wouldn't rust on fabrics.....so I can't understand why anyone would put very rusty items on linen. That's just me....

I will have more photos soon...and a GREAT give-away.....so stay tuned!

Thanks for stopping by.
Nancy

22 comments:

  1. Lovely colours. Looking forward to seeing your new kits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exited to see the pictures of what you have been working on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blues are absolutely stunning. I think they would look awesome on Tracy Horner's new Kaleidoscopic Mandala that she is doing online. (http://inkcircles.bigcartel.com/product/roll-your-own-2013. Pay day can't get here quick enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly have been busy! Love those blues

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colors! I always love the happy colors you use in your flosses.

    I wonder if you would ever consider an 'herb garden' collection of colors...including a parsley colored floss. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Nancy! I love the blues you have featured in the first two pictures.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been a busy little stitcher!! And, ohhhh....I love how you do the blues!! Hope all is well my friend - sorry I've been sparse, but things have been funky..... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your colors are beautiful... you do amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the new colors, but the faded rose colors are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Nancy, all those blue shades are wonderful. I have more than a few favorites. You are one busy gal. Make time for another chat soon....ok? Hugs, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! You really have a gift for design and color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just had to say that I'm not normally a "blue" person, but these shades are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the blues... time to order some more thread!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful colours hun; love the blues.

    Hugs, Shar

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your new colors are really fantastics.I love them all. Françoise

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, love all the new colors you have come up with. They will be must haves for me!!! I'll have to get my list of what I have so I don't miss out on any of this collection. Blues are one of my favorite colors. I love the Fade Green Leaves...beautiful green. Looking forward to seeing your new kits...and you know I am crazy for anything Christmas...can't wait.
    You have been so busy, take a little time for you, Nancy. We don't want to wear you out!!!
    You are one amazing gal.
    Lots of rain here too and some snow in May...wow!!!
    Judy in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  17. que bonitos tonos de hilo que has conseguido , has hecho un gran trabajo

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely colors! I don't like rust on my linen either.

    ReplyDelete