Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Great way to attach ric rac trim

I got an email from my friend Liz from Sunflower Fields Pattern Co. She has gorgeous designs incorporating fabrics, wool, and she uses my Cluny Ric Rac trim in some of her creations. She shared a picture with me of her latest design...I truly love it and it is stunning as I am sure you will agree. She used some of  my Pastel Pumpkin Cluny trim and she told me that she uses Aleene's OK To Wash It Glue. She just puts a bead of the glue on the seam line and applies the trim. Couldn't get any easier than that! Sometimes it is hard to get a straight stitch line with some applications and I will give this a try. Thanks Liz! You can visit her blog at www.sunflowerfieldspatternco.blogspot.com
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Nancy

6 comments:

  1. I have used that glue and it is excellent. Sometimes it is just easier than getting out the machine again...LOL.
    I am going to go visit her site right now.
    Thanks for the info, Nancy, Hope you are doing well and that the ankle has healed.
    I am working on a little Fall piece and am using some of your autumn dyed trim and buttons to finish it off. I am kitting it up for 3 friends too. The design is a little freebie I have had for ages. Love your designs, trims, buttons and floss.
    Judy in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh now why didn't I think of that ...lol ... love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads-up, I will definitely seek out this product...sometimes,handstitching the trim does not have the "polished" finish I'm seeking.
    I do hope you are feeling much better. Several posts ago, you mentioned your grandsons' offer to help set up Halloween decoration...I thought that was ever so sweet!
    Busy Hands...Happy Heart
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this design! Will hop over to her blog! Thanks for sharing! Greetings
    Lida

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely design and I'm a big fan of glue....so much easier than sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet is this! And thanks for the tip.... I've always tried to avoid glue....but this just sounds too temptingly easy! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete