Friday, March 21, 2014

New Smaller size sampler! Be Strong and of Good Courage

After completing several large samplers I am now starting on the smaller sizes. A lot smaller. This one is 7 x 9 inches and will fit in any 8 x 10 inch frame! There are so many beautiful reproduction frames out there....lets start saving some money. You can get a $10 frame at Hobby Lobby.....and if you use the Stitchery Tape (no glue, pins, lacing, etc) to mount your sampler on foam board...you can have it framed in one afternoon. I LIKE that!
This sampler is Be Strong and of Good Courage. Shown with my stitching program on linen (charted for 16ct, 32ct linen)...this one will go out to a model stitcher next week. Speaking of that....I just got an email today that another one is finished and I will have it back next week. I better get to the framing part myself.
I have incorporated some pine trees, birds, violets, strawberries, floral motifs, dogs, a nice border.....your initials and the date. Lots of goodies in this petite sampler.

Back to the drawing board....and another small sampler pattern.
Nancy

9 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful sampler!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Nancy. Love the colors and the little dogs are cute.
    Judy in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sampler! I've not heard of Stitchery Tape--can you give a little more info about it, like where to find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it on a needlework website a while back. Any google search will bring it up. Their directions: "You apply the double sided tape on the face of the mounting board with a small over hang to wrap around to the back. Remove the liner to expose the adhesive. Apply the needlework and stretch to remove wrinkles. After adjusting press the fabric down firmly. Wrap the excess around to the back side. Adhesion increases after 48 hours.". There were rave reviews about this product so I tried it and I thought it worked great. Would be great for small ornaments too. Talk about easy!! No more pins!!!!

      Delete
    2. Love the sampler and the fact it is smaller! Great tip for the stitchery tape,thanks for sharing it.Have a great weekend.Be blessed,Jen

      Delete
  4. Lovely sampler :-) I use sticky mount board to frame my stitching. I have one design that was mounted over 12 years ago, still looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great size! And you've really managed to fill it with great stuff :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Nancy! What a beautiful small sampler! Looking forward to see what else you come up with in the small sampler department.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete