Sunday, January 17, 2016

Two very different mottoes

It's amazing how the design can change the whole look of a motto. The Sewing Parlour will soon be hanging in my office/workroom. The Stitching Parlour has a casual, primitive or country feel to it.

I charted the Stitching Parlour and it is going out to a model stitcher to be done on linen. I will chart the other one at a later date. I am putting the kits together today to list and listing the chart. For the Stitching Parlour kit I found some very close matches to DMC in my colors which was nice. That way the model shown on the perforated paper will look similar to the motto stitched on linen with DMC floss. By using several shades of green, dark at the bottom, medium in the middle, and lighter at the top, it gives nice shading without needing to use overdyed floss. I used one color for each leaf or stem but you can also use those three shades in each section. I have even used one strand of each color to blend the two together for grass on samplers and it look very nice. Gives it lots  of texture without the striped area look.

I just wanted to show you the work I did this week on these two mottoes. Now that my toe is better I will get back to standing all day long and dyeing floss once again for the new line. I really hope to be done by the end of the month and show you the new colors....and give a few away of course!!!

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure you have entered the Valentine's Day give-away and joined the Birthday Club. Send me the month and date of your birthday if you haven't already done so.
Have a great day!

                                             Nancy

15 comments:

  1. They are marvellous, I like them both :) the colours suit them very well too.... Beautiful stitching. I hope your toes is on the mend, happy dyeing :)
    Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both, Nancy. These would be great in your office/stitching room or on the door..that is what I am thinking. And of course the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both, Nancy. These would be great in your office/stitching room or on the door..that is what I am thinking. And of course the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are lovely, Nancy! Glad to hear your toe is doing better. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Valentine gifts.Thanks for the opportunity to win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them both. I'm glad your toe is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are sew creative and talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow they are so beautiful
    Many compliments for your incredible work
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are both beautiful. I would love to join the birthday club. I will try to PM you the information to join. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them both! I am glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both of your new patterns. My favorite is the Sewing Parlor; it is on list to purchase as soon as it is available. Looking forward to the new line of threads too. Take care and happy stitching...............

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the two embroidery's Marie-Claire

    ReplyDelete