Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The Stitching Parlour chart

I decided to play with the pattern this afternoon. Orders finished for the day, dye pot put away and sat down and got serious with the stitching program. I did the new chart (available in a couple days). I wanted this one to be different from The Sewing Parlour in several ways. A more casual motto so I did sprigs of flowers for the little design elements. I won't have time to stitch this one on perforated paper for a few days. More orders have come in and dyeing floss is the first priority these days. I still may do a cross stitch pattern for the other motto when I have time. I figured with both perforated paper kits available and this chart, well, that should work for a little while. I am also going to do the mini mottoes with simple patterns of these two sayings. The mini motto on perforated paper is 4-1/2" x 9-1/2". They stitch up in a couple hours.
Well I thought I was going to have an evening to relax but another request has come in for a motto so I will be back at my desk this evening. I just wanted to give you a peek at the new design. I'm not sure if I will have this one stitched on linen. I have the other motto to display in my office and the picture of this motto on linen for the cover looks good enough for now. Maybe at a later date......

Thanks for stopping by.
                                                 Nancy

34 comments:

  1. The Stitching Parlor looks very promising, Nancy. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I will do this saying with the fancy scrollwork (like the Sewing Parlour motto) at a later date. I just don't have the time right now.

      Delete
  3. Love the letting and dainty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty and fresh, it would look great in the more modern homes as well. Very pretty, my favorite is still the other one. Thanks for taking the time to share. Guida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I also like the other one. I will also do this one with the same scrollwork to offer it in the antique style.

      Delete
  5. Very pretty. Looks like another to add to the never ending wish list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is looking so lovely! Like the flowers you added. You have a great eye for designing. love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this new design. Good job as usual

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this design with the pretty dainty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the country feel to this design..very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the country feel to this design..very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great, Nancy! Hmmm, did you say mini mottos? Look forward to seeing those!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it and would stitch it for my craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is beautiful i like it hugs Marie-Claire

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a wonderful pattern, I like the little flowers! If you want it on linen, I would be happy to stitch it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good! I will mail it to you and fit it in when you can. Thanks once again Sue to the rescue!

      Delete
  15. Love this pattern, Nancy, and I'm looking forward to placing an order when it is available. Where do you find your endless energy?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you. The charts will be printed tomorrow, they are $9,99. I include pages with color blocks and pages with symbols for all my charts so you can use the type you prefer. As for energy....I have none. These diseases give me profound exhaustion. I make myself do everything with a big PUSH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you're talking about -- thank God we can push HARD!!!

      Delete
  17. So nice, your giveaway. Your mini samplers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So nice, your giveaway. Your mini samplers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete