Sunday, November 8, 2015

Sewing Necessaires are done and here are a few photos

What a busy two weeks it has been. Every time I started sewing I had to stop for other things. I finally managed to get 80 sewing necessaires done. I have all the buttons, trims, charms, needle pages and the hand made felted wool button bags done too. I am now doing the finishing touches. Sewing on the mother of pearl heart as the pocket divider(or a hand made charm on some) and I am sewing on mother of pearl rings to run the ribbon through on the back side to dress them up. Lots of work!!

I like limited editions as you well know. I ran out of the Williamsburg Sampler fabric after selling dozens of these last year. I also had some of the Moda fabric with the sampler and alphabet that was similar. It is also discontinued now. Why do they do that??
Any ways....I took the medium blue background and dyed it light brown.  I also dyed seam ribbon for the tie and a beautiful skein of floss to add to it. I like an antique look. I also have some of the other colors in the fabric and I will leave then as they are and make some necessaires this week.




The bottom photo shows the other shades of fabric that I will use.

I have so many fabric combinations......lots of Christmas fabrics, antique tan floral is one of my favorites.
These make such nice gifts. I have 10 set aside that are already sold and a couple for give-aways (and I will have one soon). I have started listing these on ebay today with the tan fabric and I will list more soon. They are $25.95 on ebay.

Thanks for stopping by. I will show you more pictures as I get time.
Nancy

17 comments:

  1. What a lovely batch you have created, Nancy! I love mine; have gotten many compliments on it. My Mom loves the one I got her. Hope you are enjoying your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful. What great gifts they will make for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They would make the nicest gifts. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a talented lady you are Nancy , so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love these and glad your dyeing worked so well. Gorgeous brown!

    Pj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sewing necessaires are so cute. I think they'll have great success! I couldn't choose my favourite one, they're all so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors are gorgeous..it would be so hard to choose one! They would make lovely gifts and a great price.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors are gorgeous..it would be so hard to choose one! They would make lovely gifts and a great price.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful - love those colors! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look awesome! And you made 80 of these? You are so incredibly busy and patient :D

    ReplyDelete