Sunday, November 29, 2015

I fell in love with this Christmas fabric

I simply fell in love with this Christmas fabric. From the collection The Giving Quilt for Red Rooster Fabrics. I knew the blocks would lend themselves for necessaires! I used two groups, one with more reds and creams and the other has more greens in it. I even had small mother of pearl hearts in green for the divider!




This necessaire is a little larger as the squares were bigger. When folded it is a 5" square. When rolled out it is 5" wide and 17" long. Lots of hand dyed trims and buttons, charms,etc.

Next I made some necessaires out of the Williamsburg Sampler fabric in the tan/brown tones. It is shown next to the multi-color browns in the first photo. On the inside divider I had some lovely light caramel colored mother of pearl hearts I used.





Thanks for stopping by. I wanted to share the new fabrics. I need to get back to the dye pot. I need to dye 10 yards of primitive colors for a gal and I need to finish it tonight. No rest for the weary.

Nancy

18 comments:

  1. All are very pretty, but that Christmas Fabric is gorgeous!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Nancy! Your Christmas necessaires are beautiful. Well done! It is so hard to choose just one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that Christmas fabric IS pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. las telas navideƱas son preciosas , y los necesers una maravilla

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of having a special Christmas one too to brighten up sewing a this time of year. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy,
    so special, love the little cases.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Nancy,
    Beautiful sets... Looks like you are getting ready full speed for Christmas. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous, Nancy. What a wonderful gift these would make.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love your christmas fabric! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful fabric - but really, it's what you do with it that makes it so gorgeous! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. So Pretty! Wonderful job - do you ever get tired of making them? By now you could probably do it in your sleep!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  12. So Pretty! Wonderful job - do you ever get tired of making them? By now you could probably do it in your sleep!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get tired of making them...but I have learned not to work on something when I am too tired or not in the mood. I once had a dream about a motto pattern that I was stuck on....when I woke up I put the pattern on paper that I came up with in my dream! So yes...I could probably do these in my sleep! lol

      Delete
  13. Such wonderful colors and I LOVE WHAT YOU ARE MAKING. lYN

    ReplyDelete