Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Soul is fed by Needle and Thread

My latest design that a customer recently requested; I stitched this one in soft shades of antique rose and sage greens. Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe floss of course......on punched paper. I may have to do a chart for this one as requests are already coming in. I get caught in the middle...me and my regular customers love to stitch on perforated paper for the antique motto look....and then there are the counted cross stitch ladies....so I need to make everyone happy!

I need to get back to dyeing trims but I had to stop to stitch this motto.....after all.....my soul is fed by needle and thread!

Nancy

8 comments:

  1. Oh, it's just so beautiful. This one is now my favorite one of your designs. Thank you for showing the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second what Rita has said - this is just lovely. One of my favourite sayings!

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy you might just as well chart all that you do for counted x--your designs are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, as always, Nancy! I'm still drooling over your hand dyed ric rack and buttons. You are such the enabler, that I DO see an order in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could not have found a truer motto for a group of stitchers. The colours are really pretty too.

    ReplyDelete