Friday, February 19, 2016

A very productive week of stitching

It was a very productive week of stitching to say the least. I had 4 orders for stitched mottoes and I am happy (my sore hands are happy too) that they are stitched, framed and in the mail.
I snapped a few photos before I put them in the frames. It is so difficult to fight with the glare from the glass.

The only difficult one was the dark brown paper since it is harder to see the pattern on the brown. That is also one of my favorites. I keep saying I am going to keep the next one I stitch and hang it on my wall.
I also received a motto I had sent out to a model stitcher...thanks so much Sue!! I had her stitch this on my darker golden parchment linen. I will be hanging it next to some antique mottoes with dark paper and for me, the darker linen looked better. She did an excellent job for me once again.
The Stitching Parlour. I will put it in one of my hand carved frames.
I have more linen to dye for a customer and then I will get back to dyeing floss. It seems like it has been put on the back burner for quite a while but orders have to come first.
 
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend.
Nancy

41 comments:

  1. As usual your stitching is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful, Nancy! Hope you have a great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Nancy! The mottoes you stitched are stunning. I like how the fiber colors pop on the darker paper. The Stitching Parlor looks super on your darker linen. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin. I really like the dark paper mottoes.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful designs Nancy, and beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so good, specially the brown one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The brown one is my favorite too.

      Delete
  6. Sooooo AMAZING. All are great. I need to finish my brown one pronto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think you will be pleased with yours when it is finished. I can't remember if you got the Home Sweet Home or the Scatter Smiles.....

      Delete
  7. Beautiful designs and beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so beautiful and delicate. I love the Scatter Smiles, thats what everyone should do. Rina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have spent my life trying to Scatter Smiles!

      Delete
  9. I often wonder how many hours your day are made of. You design patterns, you stitch, you dye threads and linen, you answer fastly, you sell. Would you be my teacher? LOL
    Ciao.
    Fiore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only problem is that there are not enough hours in each day for all I want/need to do. I thought moving to the Midwest...in the country......would be out of the fast lane but I created it here with this business. I wish life was a little slower but I guess I will get that when I retire....if I ever retire! LOL

      Delete
  10. Love love the scatter smiles one, thank you for sharing. Guida

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing stitching. I am always in awe of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet of you.....I am just a simple, hard working person with too much to do! LOL

      Delete
  12. Your stitching is gorgeous Nancy,
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sylvia. I just got two more orders today so it will be a marathon weekend of stitching.

      Delete
  13. What lovely pieces you have created! I know they will all be thrilled when they receive them. I love the one Sue did for you, it is on my wish list..will be getting it this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. I love the one Sue did for me too....she does such a good job.

      Delete
  14. You get so much done! I have so many interruptions in my life... Your mottoes are so beautiful... Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you......and I know what you mean about interruptions. There are days I get 1/2 done of what was on my list...and I realized I make my list too long....or I am getting slower! I'm not sure which it is......

      Delete
  15. Love them all but "Scatter Smiles".....just gorgeous! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  16. Every piece look absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are gorgeous. I really like the scatter smiles too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are just beautiful Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful embroidery's hugs Marie-Claire

    ReplyDelete