Sunday, October 9, 2016

Hand dyed linen and floss boxes

I had a wonderful visit from some stitching friends...and met some new friends. There are times I wish I could move us all to one big neighborhood so we could visit and stitch till our hearts content.

I thought I would show you my office and work room. Always filled to the brim with goodies!



We had a good laugh when I told a couple of the gals that I moved half of the inventory to my room to make room for their visit. A couple wanted to see what 6 racks full of floss still needing to be carded looked like.......that picture I won't show! My goodness this inventory takes up a lot of room. I need a house three times this size. That will be a later project.

I dyed some linen and I always have a few requests so I thought I would show you what is still available. I cut them 30x36: and there is a tiny bit of shrinkage. I only have 32ct linen as it is what I use for all my samplers. It is $24 for these 1/2 yard pieces...a great bargain.


The first picture has Sage and Parchment. Middle is Slate Blue and Cloudy Sky Blue(shown is 1 yard pieces but I will cut them) and the bottom photo is Caramel Cream, Caramel and Antique Sampler. I only have what is shown and these sell quickly so let me know if you are interested. nbelgian@aol.com
I also boxed the newest colors (more than 25 of the 45 skeins are new) of the Primitive Collection.
And last of all I boxed the entire Ultimate Floss Collection. It just fit into these special boxes I ordered. All 136 skeins! 2720 yards of floss! I think that would last you a while and stitch quite a few projects. The set is sold as singles for $2.45 each or $333.00 for the set. Right now this set is 10% off if you would like one. Just let me know.

And I was asked what sets are still available. The Southwest, Cottage Garden Favorites, Sleepy Hollow, Halloween Patchwork, Red and Cream Collection, Woodland Collection, Hearthside, Grandmother's Favorite Quilts.....I think that covers it. These make great Christmas and birthday presents. These boxes are $25 ea. Not shown is the 28 skein set of Grandmother's Flower Garden and it is $56.





I will be working on the new Christmas Collection this week. Another give-away coming up soon.
 I have a motto to stitch for a customer that I promised.....someone kick me.....but I will get it done. She is a great gal and a promise is a promise. And then back to trims and floss. I need another wall to display trims. I need to add on to this house again. I already doubled the size and I wish I had gone 4 times larger! lol  And you think I am kidding! I will just wait until we move and find a larger house. I said I couldn't go through another remodel of that size.

I guess I better get to work. Half of today will be a much needed day of rest.
Thanks for stopping by!
                                            Nancy

35 comments:

  1. I love seeing your office and workspace Nancy! Even though it's a place where you run your business, it is very cozy and homey. I'm sure it makes working there easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is very cozy. The other wall has my desk and the wall is full of samplers. Mine and antique mottoes.

      Delete
  2. Your office/work room could inspire any of us to create beautiful works! I know you straightened it for your gathering, but still... ! Thanks for the glimpse into where your lovely creations are born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you....it is a lovely space and I enjoy working here and I love looking at the color wall of floss....I absolutely love color.

      Delete
  3. Nancy what a wonderful space!!! I wish I was one of your visitors. I would love to see all of your samplers. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you were one of my visitors too! I have met so many nice people through this business.
      I have shown my samplers before....I will show them again real soon. I need more wall space so I can design more samplers! lol

      Delete
  4. Awesome pictures of your office!! Wow!!! Thanks for sharing. A quick question, do you have any of the fabric left?? and if so, about what size will the half yard pieces be?? (18 x 30?) If so, I would love the dark tan/brown fabric in the 3rd photo---think it's caramel cream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are 30x36". I am dyeing more tomorrow as everyone wants some!

      Delete
  5. I don't know if I'd call it a studio -- looks like more of a floss "candy store" to me - full of yummy goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you said, thanks for stopping by and I will reply 'thanks for opening your door'! Everything is soooooo beautiful...I WANT IT ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your room is so organized and so pretty to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...it's hard to keep it like this.

      Delete
  8. Just reading all that made me tired, so I can't imagine actually DOING all of it! I would love to live where we could all be in a stitchery club together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be wonderful? A whole neighborhood of stitchers! Daily retreats! lol

      Delete
  9. I just emailed you about a piece of fabric, and I can't wait to see (and buy!!!) your Christmas collection!! Your work is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your room ,linen and floss

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing room and so tidy which of course it has to be if you are running a business. Beautiful floss sets. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!
    It's like a candy store.............fro stitchers!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I simply LOVE looking at all the colors every day.

      Delete
  13. Nancy, I enjoyed the pictures of your inventory set-up and your luscious fabrics. I am glad you had a good time with your stitching friends. Gathering with fellow stitchers is the best way to spend time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is Robin. I wish I had more get togethers....I need to work on that.

      Delete
  14. Thanks for a glimpse into your workroom...it looks like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely, beautiful, scrumptious, delightful, ORGANIZED! I keep reaching for that level of organization, but I'm trying to organize yarn (rug hooking), floss, fabric, beads, etc. Not to mention the magazines and books. I must be a craft hooker (no offense intended to anyone; wait a minute...I can't be that...I don't get paid!). Is there a Crafts Anonymous? HA!! Don't tell me. Anyway...Lovely, Nancy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a nice workspace! Love the linen too ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pics of your workplace. Your threads and linens are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How beautiful and so nicely organized. I need a craft room but that is not going to happen. It would be fun to visit and see all of those goodies in person.

    ReplyDelete