Tuesday, February 25, 2014

New Sampler, Preserve My Heart Secure


I am pleased that I managed to finish another new sampler pattern.....and I still can't believe I squeezed in another 25 hours into a busy week.
I had seen this verse years ago...on a sampler from the 1800's.....some times I can find verses in old hymn books....they are wonderful reference books for beautiful verses. This one says:
Preserve my little heart secure
From every hurt and stain
First make it and then keep it pure
And shut to all that's vain

If early thou would'st have me die
O that no harm will be
Into thy arms I then will fly
And ever be with Thee

I did a different border...with twining roses. Lots of flower, birds, an alphabet......lots of goodies here. I love making it up as I go along. It fits any 16" x 20" frame....that's always a plus. There are so many nice antique frames that you can pick up instead of paying a custom price. This is charted for DMC....and then you could always antique it after stitching...stain it any way you'd like...and make it an instant heirloom.
Design size is 240 x 304 stitches. Finished size is 15 x 19". Charted for 16ct (32ct linen). Pattern is 10 pages, color blocks and symbols pages. $14.99. nbelgian@aol.com
Mine will be going out to a model stitcher soon. These arthritic hands are having quite a time just doing patterns these days...I wish I had time to stitch all of these but alas....I will have to save major stitching for retirement.
   I think we need a give-away for sampler patterns.....soon!

Thanks for stopping by.
Back to the drawing board.....
Nancy

13 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy, that is very pretty! I love the verse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful verse which is now a beautiful sampler

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful sampler :) Lovely words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!
    The verse is so lovely. I am working on a sampler of my own. One of those "stitch it as I think of it" things. I never thought of using old hymnals as a source for verses. I have a few old ones that my mother used when she'd sing solo's when I was a child. It will bring back sweet memories.
    Thank you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Wonderful! And little doggies too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, that's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really enjoying seeing all these new samplers, Nancy. Each one is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy,
    That is a real nice sampler. I love it.
    Paula Shelgren

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Nancy, you have outdone yourself once more! I just love this one! So many to choose from....
    Judy in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your samplers are so pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete