Sunday, November 19, 2017

It's A Wonderful Life movie tribute in stitches

It's A Wonderful Life is one of my favorite movies, especially at Christmas.
I was contacted by the gentleman who has a traveling museum about the movie and he attends showings at movie theatres across the country. He wanted me to chart the saying (and one of my favorites that I have used all my life)....All you can take with you is that which you've given away. He wanted it exactly as it is shown in the movie when George Bailey is in the Bailey Building and Loan and he is talking to his father. I only had a small photo to go from...a clip from the movie. I charted, stitched and framed the piece and donated it to the traveling museum. Then I was asked by the It's A Wonderful Life Museum in Seneca Falls to provide charts for them to sell in the gift shop. This is the theme they are going to focus on this year when they have their December celebration of the movie with original cast members. Three of the young children from the movie attend the yearly celebration in Seneca Falls.
I have named the chart The Gift. An enduring message and a good example of how to live......
I was also asked to duplicate the antique motto that is seen in one the scenes in the movie......The Lord Will Provide. The museum will also carry these motto kits for sale.
It was my pleasure to provide these items for the museum and as soon as they have the charts listed in the online gift shop I will show you the link if you would like to purchase one. The donation will help the museum keep this movie tradition going.

These are the fun parts of this business. Providing mottoes for all occasions.....to remember someone, a favorite family saying, etc. I have done quite a few custom mottoes in the past 13 years. I lost count after 200. Family names and favorite sayings were the most popular. A few cute ones.....a few silly ones that were given to make someone smile. Sad ones to remember a lost loved one. But all of them were important and it was my pleasure to be a part of them.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful day. It's A Wonderful Life!
                                              Nancy

35 comments:

  1. What a fabulous activity to take part in, Nancy! I look forward to the posting of the link. You are a blessing to many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin....how nice of you.....it was my pleasure to help.

      Delete
  2. It's a Wonderful Life life has been one of my all-time favorites as well. It is a classic! My family recorded it for me years ago onto a VHS. What a privilege to take part in this endeavor. I remember stopping the tape to read the words of wisdom on the wall of the Bailey's building and Loan office. I now own my own legit copy on Blu-ray of this classic movie. I will be watching for updates. Thank you for sharing Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure a lot of us have a copy of this movie in our collection....and so many of us watch it each year when they show it at Christmas. It is such a nice holiday tradition.

      Delete
  3. a favorite and cherished tradition is to watch this classic movie a couple of times throughout the Season ~ congrats on your venture with the museum!
    Merry Christmas to you & yours!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  4. How lovely, and what an honor to be part of this! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much.....it was an honor to help them.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! I love that movie and cry every time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so wonderful, Nancy. I love the movie and didn't know about the museum. Congratulations! Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And I didn't know about the museum until they contacted me.

      Delete
  7. What an amazing honor to be able to contribute to this timeless, all time favorite movie and its history! Your beautiful work has led you down such a wonderful path of giving back and love! Proud to "know" you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congreats to you Nancy i will sie the link
    Marie-Claire

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing talent you have to create original works of art and yogi e the way you do to not only these causes but to your every day customers! Beautiful work and prayers they sell every pattern you send to them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Nancy..How GOD Works in Mysterious ways..Its a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol are Two movies on my watch list to get me into the Christmas Mood..What Beautiful words for all of us to remember. GOD Bless You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are great movies.....
      Thank you and God Bless Us Everyone!

      Delete
  11. What a lovely thing to be asked to do. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful thing to do, you are so talented. A great gift xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You amaze me Nancy. Just think how pleasant life would be if we could all have a good heart like you. You set a fine example for all to follow. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind....thank you very much Krissy. I do my best.....that's all I can do.
      And you have a pretty good heart too!!
      Happy Thanksgiving!!

      Delete
  14. My all time favorite movie! I watch it every year. AND every year I think I have got to chart/stitch that quote. Thanks for doing that for me! I look forward to seeing the link and purchasing the pattern!
    So nice of you too to donate to them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nancy you are an amazingly generous woman. What a wonderful thing for you to do. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun cooperation! You must have quite a reputation for people to come to you so often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is always my pleasure to help people design their special requests and tribute mottoes. What a blessing it has been to meet all of these nice people!

      Delete
  17. Thank you for all that you do! Your kindness and generosity are greatly appreciated! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that the upcoming holidays are equally joyous for you and your entire family!

    Your creations are gorgeous!

    Ann Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nancy, these are wonderful! what an honour and privilege for you to be able to contribute to the ongoing Wonderful Life legacy. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete