Saturday, August 8, 2015

Just finished a patriotic sampler

About 10% of my 300+ patterns are antique reproductions. I saw this antique motto on ebay but the condition was poor to fair.....so from that small photo I re-did the pattern and stitched this motto for me. Harder than a lot of the mottoes that I do simply due to the length of the long satin stitches around the letters and for the long stitches of the golden rays. They were placed carefully after I had stitched everything else in the motto. I am not going to offer this motto in kits simply because the pattern transfer was difficult, time consuming and the stitching would be hard for a lot of stitchers.
This will simply hang on my wall by my American flag and be proudly displayed. It is difficult to see the golden rays that arch across the whole top of the motto.
           Free and Independent by the grace of God
I just got a new camera and this is the first picture I have taken with it. I can't believe how many settings and adjustments are on these cameras and it will take me a while to get used to it.

I just wanted you to see what kept me busy for several days. I am still having trouble with this knee after the injury so I am sitting a lot to say the least. I will need the knee replacement farther down the road but it looks like I might need the ankle replacement before the knee. Favor a bad knee and put all your weight on your bad ankle for 3 months = joint replacement from this arthritis. I hope and pray it is a ways down the road! I am quickly wearing out! lol    Two bad shoulders, bad hips, one knee and one ankle. How about a body replacement???? Sounds good to me....sign me up!
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.
Nancy

38 comments:

  1. What an amazing piece!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ariadne! It was a fun stitch to do.

      Delete
  2. Nancy, what a wonderful piece. More importantly, I'm so sorry to hear about your knee and ankle travails. I can so easily empathize with you. I had a knee replacement a year ago (total success) but I need to have the other one replaced. Sadly, the ankle supporting the bad knee is also in terrible shape. As I say, I commiserate with you! I hope it all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I am so sorry to hear of your joint problems too....old ain't for sissies, that's for sure. I am quickly finding this out!

      Delete
  3. Nancy, when you click on your picture it enlarges so that I can see everything. It is breath taking! Good job. Love the satin stitching, it's so perfect!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy. It was a lot of work but worth it in the end.

      Delete
  4. Dear Nancy,
    wonderful design, you are so talented. This one is a beauty and celebrates the United States.
    Hope you are feeling better soon, and the pain goes away.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful project! Amazing!
    I do hope you feel better soon... Body replacement? Not a bad idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liebe Nancy,
    was für ein wunderschönes Projekt ! Und so schön fotografiert.
    Ich hoffe, dass es mit dem Knie bald besser wird und Du an Deinem Geburtstag ein kleines Tänzchen wagen kannst, aber wenn schon nicht tanzen, dann hoffentlich keine Schmerzen.
    Liebe Grüße
    Käthe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to dance on my birthday but no promises!

      Delete
  7. Oh Nancy! What a beauty. This is just stunning. Good for you!
    I am praying your pain eases.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is stunning. Did you really mean you did all this stitching in a few DAYS?

    You and your health issues are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, I can usually stitch the 8x21" mottoes in 8-12 hours on the perforated paper. That is why people love stitching the mottoes. No counting, just fill in between the lines. Piece of cake!

      Delete
  9. Absolutely beautiful work! Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment. The perforated paper mottoes do not have the very fine detail of regular samplers but I still enjoy them....obviously as they are in many rooms of my house! lol

      Delete
  10. That is really beautiful and is such a nice saying. It's no fun when the parts start breaking down. If only we could get a new body!!! I know I would treat the new one better if I had a second chance. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy do I agree with that! Too much hard work really wears out the body.......I think I will wish for a new one on my birthday! And treat it better.....

      Delete
  11. The new motto is absolutely gorgeous; I am in awe of all that you do! I sympathize with you on your health issues as I have some too, but I commend you for persevering and pushing through. You inspire all of us not to just sit down and have a "pity" party. Thank you, and happy stitching........................

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much. A pity party? Never dreamed of it. My personal motto is "It's not over 'till I win"! Yes I have that one stitched! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am totally in love with this piece! It is wonderful...in so many ways. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your patriotic sampler! Sorry to hear you're still having problems with the knee and now the ankle too. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nancy, your patriotic motto is gorgeous! Enjoy the rest of your day!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nancy, your piece is outstanding! I love it! Sorry to hear about your knee and ankle. I hope you feel better soon! I really love your work and you are an inspiration to me. Take care!
    Susy

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's beautiful Nancy!!! I'm sorry your knee and ankle are giving you so much trouble. Hopefully that won't affect your stitching too much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow--what a really lovely project! That was a lot of satin stitching for sure! Enjoy it in your home! And be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggee....loved stitching it and now love looking at it up on the wall. My sons frame really sets it off.

      Delete
  19. That is an amazing piece - beautifully stitched.

    I'm so sorry to hear of your joint problems and hope something can get sorted out quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.....I enjoyed stitching it. As for the joints...it is what it is and I am stuck with it. I never give up hope for remission.

      Delete
  20. Beautiful congreatulation Marie-Claire

    ReplyDelete