Sunday, November 3, 2013

Free Christmas Ornament pattern, bells, floss and wood buttons with Door hanging chart

   I stitched an ornament from the extra chart included with the door hanging chart. Included are the bells.....but to add to the previous post.....I am giving free over dyed floss (for both charts!) to the first 200 charts sold....yes 200 since this is selling so quickly. I will ALSO INCLUDE the two little wood hearts I sewed on the back of the ornament. I did a simple finish, envelope enclosure so when it is turned you do not have to sew anything shut! You can if you prefer...just whip stitch it closed or add a button. I used some of the same red bias ribbon, cut it narrow and made a hanger and bows. I like bias ribbon because you can ruffle the edges or fray them easily for a primitive look. As I said, you can tea or coffee stain your linen to look primitive. The finished size of the ornament on 32ct linen is 3" x 3-1/2".
Stitch count on the door hanger is 119 x 152. Ornament is 53 x 45.
I use full cross stitches in my designs. This is charted for dmc but as I said I am including free over dyed floss with the first 200 charts.

From the previous listing:
I finished my new pattern for my Jingle as Ye Enter door hanger/wall hanging. It would look good on either one. It is a quick finish and very easy. The back is an envelope style so there is no hand stitching a seam closed after you turn it right side out. I did a simple 1" fold over to the back and whipped stitched it down as a sleeve for a wood dowel. I used simple red bias ribbon for a hanger and bows. I stitched this on 32ct Belgian linen in an antique champagne shade. I over dyed some dark Christmas red, green and gold floss and a nice medium brown for the birds. I love the nice quality little brass bells that the birds hold dangling on a string from their beaks. I used a dark red fabric for backing and a layer of fusible fleece to back the stitched piece to give it lots of body.
*****A BONUS  with this pattern is that you can make an ornament from the bird in the upper left corner. That extra pattern is included along with 6 small antique brass bells (2 for the ornament and 4 for the door hanger). The bells along the bottom are optional and sold separately ($2) or use your own. I wanted to do a pattern that could be primitive if you used a darker fabric or antique a fabric with coffee or tea staining. I wanted the brighter colors for my décor.
The finished size is 8" wide by 10-1/2" tall without the hanger.
Remember....this is a chart with bells and not a whole kit. I may offer some kits next week in my ebay store. They will be $29.99. Stay tuned as I will announce that next week if you want a kit. It will have everything but the wood dowel for hanging. You could actually just use the ribbon to hang this as it has lots of body.

Lots of details!!  The pattern for both the door hanger and ornament will be $10.99 plus postage and includes the 6 little bells. This will have to go in a padded envelope. This is charted for DMC floss. 
*****BONUS***** The first 100 charts that I sell will include all the over dyed floss in the colors shown to complete the door hanging and the ornament! email nbelgian@aol.com if you want one.

I love to share with all of you and I know it helps to include all the floss and extras with a chart.
Nancy

4 comments:

  1. Oh, it is darling! I love the saying and the jingle bells are perfect. Nice work as always, Nancy.
    Judy in Kansas

    ReplyDelete